13 Days of Daredevil: “Dogs to a Gunfight” (spoilers!)
I know I skipped a day yesterday, but after the long day at the office, the last thing I wanted to do was to turn on a computer so that I could blog about a Netflix show. Perhaps this could be the only downside to not binge-watching a series, but hey! some of us nerds and geeks have day jobs now…
- Of course, they’re not going to kill off the main character in first episode of a new season. But damn if this pre-credits scene where Foggy finds Matt trembling and injured on a rooftop makes you feel as if he’s really not going to make it.
- “…and trust me to do mine, okay!” Yes, Foggy. I trust you implicitly. Too bad your buddy doesn’t.
- For her first appearance as a no-nonsense D.A., Michelle Hurd is doing a very good job. Really, Foggy is the unsung hero of this show, and I’m glad we’re getting to see more of that this season. Oh, and I get to see this character again in “Jessica Jones”? Awesome. And of course, she’s got a Law & Order credit. What actor in New York City doesn’t, these days?
- Yeah, that pawn shop dude really doesn’t know how to read a customer, does he?
- Aw, dangit, I guess I can understand that being shot at would make Karen revert into her behavior after she killed Wesley. And in a similar way, it also makes sense that she’s a bit hyperfocused on the fact that he could be coming for her, because that’s pretty true to her character.
- I also wonder what Karen thinks Matt’s problem is, like if maybe she thinks he’s an alcoholic or something like that. That would be another nice bit of irony.
- More nitpicking: If it’s been a whole day since the Irish were gunned down, wouldn’t the blood on the teeth embedded in the bar have dried by now?
- Even more nitpicking: Why wouldn’t the SWAT team have also scouted out the really high sniper perches? Best way to take out a guy whom you know is a) tactically aware and b) mostly known to be ground-based.
This is perhaps the first time I’m kicking myself in the shins for not watching these all at once because that preview image of Punisher and Daredevil getting a chance to talk to each other is great. Can’t wait to see how they pull it off.
In: Reviews · Tagged with: 13 Days of Daredevil, Marvel's Daredevil, Netflix