Geekly Speaking About… “The Star Wars Blu-Ray Conundrum”
It’s time once again for another edition of “Geekly Speaking About,” which we recorded on September 14, 2011. Joining myself and co-editor Jill Pullara are two of our newest contributors, Lowell Greenblatt and Jonathan Cherlin. We really do hope to get these going on a more frequent basis, and your feedback is always helpful. Show notes are right after the jump:
- Star Wars: The Old Republic will be coming out sometime in “holiday 2012”; meanwhile, players of Star Wars: Galaxies can enjoy their last hurrah when the servers shut down on December 15. If you’re more of a Trekker, the Star Trek MMO has you covered; yes, it’s out of beta now.
- Incidentally, my main on WoW is a level 51 Forsaken hunter on Proudmoore, and I’m trying to find a good RP server as well. Suggestions can go into the comments.
- After talking about it twice, I thought we’d link it this time; here’s where you can find Richard Bartle’s article about the four types of RP gamers. For your further reading-about-MMO pleasure, you can check out SmartBomb, written by Heather Chaplin.
- More information about Patrick Rothfuss and his works can be found here; I believe I’m going to have to put these books on my Kindle list as well (because we’re running out of space for them in our bookshelves). The Hunger Games is being made into a movie, and the Dresden Files was made into a TV show which ran for only one season.
- Speaking of “Game of Thrones” isn’t it awesome that Peter Dinklage won an Emmy for his performance? He is such an awesome actor; I’ve loved and had a crush on him ever since I saw The Station Agent.
- Catherine—which looks really cool—features animation by Studio 4C, the same studio which is currently bringing to you the new “Thundercats” series.
- Not embedding it, but here is the first of the Red Letter Media Star Wars reviews; enjoy the rest at the risk of your free time as it’s almost as long as the movie itself. And as for “The Clone Wars,” Jill later noted that two of her friends who are huge Star Wars fans have come to love it, “either through sheer will or by legitimate means.”
- Jurassic Park 4 will happen, as reported by Deadline.com from the San Diego Comic Con. And if Steven Spielberg wants to have two to three years to make it, I think Universal should just let him have that extra time, don’t you?
- The next incarnation of The Crow does have a director but not a leading man. And for some reason, I’m actually glad it won’t be Bradley Cooper.
- Just for you, Jonathan, here’s a link to The Hollywood Reporter’s analysis of the reasoning behind Frank Darabont’s departure from “The Walking Dead.”
- And finally, here’s the link to all of the letters that ran in Paste.com regarding the conversation between a person who loves Final Fantasy VII and someone who has never played it before.
We hope to record a podcast or two during the upcoming New York Comic Con; suggestions and feedback can go in the comments!
In: Opinions/Editorials, Podcasts · Tagged with: enough already!, Final Fantasy VII, George Lucas, Star Wars, Star Wars: The Old Republic