Trailer Watch: Kick-Ass finally gets a kick-ass trailer

Finally, Kick-Ass has gotten a trailer that lives up to its name:

Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn’s Kick-Ass hits theaters on April 16, 2010. The film stars Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson, Lyndsy Fonseca, Mark Strong, Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad) and Chloe Moretz.

Related Posts: Trailer Watch: Kick-Ass teaser trailer (honest!)

Posted on January 11, 2010 at 19:27 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink
In: Trailers

1. Written by Lincoln
    on 2010-01-12 at 05:19

I'm pumped for this.

2. Written by Lincoln
    on 2010-01-12 at 05:20

Also, the car cracks me up.

3. Written by James
    on 2010-01-12 at 11:37

This one was completely off my radar… but it's on my must-see list now. Awesome trailer…

4. Written by arkonbey
    on 2010-01-12 at 13:51

Looks good. To my nerd shame, I never even caught the comic at all…

on 2010-01-12 at 15:56

I read a few issues of it. If you like John Romita Jr., you might like it. It's a fun script and his art is good. Personally, I think JRJR was ill-suited to the project. His style doesn't really lend itself to the idea of superheroes in the “real world” as well as, say, Dave Gibbons. It's just too larger than life.

6. Written by Lincoln
    on 2010-01-13 at 04:51

Totally OT but I just watched the trailer for Hachiko and it continues to piss me off. Why couldn't it be set in Japan, with Japanese actors?
    Irritating.

7. Written by Matt
    on 2010-01-13 at 05:42

This trailer is awesome but if I'm not mistakened, if the comic series even finished?

on 2010-01-13 at 06:00

No, not yet — but according to Marvel, #8 (the last issue in the first series) will be out in February. It was already delayed from December (and probably several other times before that).

Most likely, it'll be out sometime before the movie is, though. :)

9. Written by molnek
    on 2010-01-13 at 12:37

Yeah that's my main problem with the movie is that it pretty much made sure the comic would be delayed.

10. Written by Nina
    on 2010-01-14 at 16:09

The bootlegged shorts of Hit-Girl put the movie in the best light, I reckon. It's a good “family” trailer for the movie.

11. Written by Meg
    on 2010-01-14 at 17:08

Definitely. I'm not actually that interested in another nerdy teen boy trying to get the girl; I'll be going to this for the Hit-Girl and Big Daddy Show. I love that Hit-Girl's costume is actually pretty close to the kind of superhero outfit I would have picked out for myself when I was eleven.