Trailer Watch: Mel Gibson in Edge of Darkness

Casino Royale director Martin Campbell is back with Edge of Darkness — and he’s got Mel Gibson acting like a complete bad-ass along with him.

Based on a 1985 British TV show (a six-hour series), the story revolves around a Boston PD homicide detective (Gibson) “whose only grown-up child (Novakovic) is murdered on the steps of his home. The cop unearths his daughter’s secret life and discovers a world of corporate cover-ups and government collusion. Huston takes on the role of a shady businessman while Roberts will play the role of the daughter’s distraught boyfriend.”

Edge of Darkness co-stars Winstone’s Proposition co-star Danny Huston as a slimeball businessman and Bojana Novakovic (Sam Raimi’s recent Drag Me to Hell) as Emma, Gibson’s daughter. The film will be released next year.

Related Posts: DeNiro out; Winstone in Edge of Darkness (updated); Quick Cuts: Kick-Ass, Edge of Darkness and Jack Goes Boating (updated); Mel Gibson returns with Edge of Darkness

Posted on October 15, 2009 at 10:44 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink
In: Trailers

1. Written by me3dia
    on 2009-10-16 at 12:10

Finally a Gibson movie without a Christ complex — and then he has to say “You have to decide whether you're hangin' on the cross or bangin' in the nails.” You know he got a chubby with that line.

2. Written by gmcalpin
    on 2009-10-16 at 12:12

heh.

I really enjoyed Apocrypha. Would you say that movie had a Christ complex?

3. Written by me3dia
    on 2009-10-16 at 12:14

Er, you meant Apocalypso? I didn't see it, but he has a thing for persecution stories. And torture. Maybe I should revise my statement.

4. Written by gmcalpin
    on 2009-10-16 at 12:19

Apocalypto. But yeah, that one. I'm not awake yet.

It's a really good, pulpy, dumb chase movie. Fun stuff… if you can get past the torture and persecution stuff in it. ;)

5. Written by tomhart831
    on 2009-10-22 at 20:57

Mel with another bad ass movie. I can't wait until it comes out in January 2010. Welcome back.

6. Written by medwards
    on 2009-10-28 at 14:10

ooo… its COINTELPRO: The Movie!

Except that everyone knows that counter-intelligence operations by the FBI only assassinate black people.

7. Written by medwards
    on 2009-10-28 at 18:10

ooo… its COINTELPRO: The Movie!