Trailer Watch: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus trailer

Holy wow.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was directed by Terry Gilliam and stars Heath Ledger, Christopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, Jude Law, Verne Troyer, and Lily Cole. It opens in the UK on October 16, 2009 — and for once, they get to see something before us, because the US doesn’t get it until Christmas.

Posted on August 7, 2009 at 19:13 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink
In: Trailers

1. Written by Matt
    on 2009-08-08 at 00:24

“and for once, they get to see something after us, because the US doesn’t get it until Christmas.”

Is they supposed to refer to the US, because it is actually referring to the UK and thus makes no sense…

The movie itself is intriguing. Not convinced by casting Colin Farrell and Jude Law, but the rest of the cast is good. Is this the movie in which they digitised Ledger into for the parts he hadn't filmed?

2. Written by Lincoln
    on 2009-08-08 at 01:15

They didn't actually digitize him. Throughout the movie, as they go from world to world, his character changes and is played by Depp, Farrell, and Law. I've heard it really works in the film.

Personally, I'm pumped for this.

3. Written by MO
    on 2009-08-10 at 01:26

That does look mighty impressive!

4. Written by arkonbey
    on 2009-08-12 at 10:49

I'd see it just for Tom Waits as the Devil. I mean who better to play him?

I'm gonna go listen to Blood Money right now…

5. Written by Mike Rouse-Deane
    on 2009-08-13 at 04:50

WOO!!! We get to see it first :) I can't wait :)

6. Written by Tsiwt
    on 2009-08-15 at 17:31

Admittedly, I'm a huge Terry Gilliam fan, esp. his early 80's “trilogy” of TIme Bandits, Brazil, and Baron M. I also think his more recent movies have been excellent, but this looks both well crafted and appealing to the masses. Looks great.

7. Written by Tsiwt