Trailer Watch: New Where the Wild Things Are trailer

Warner Bros. Pictures has hooked up Yahoo! Movies with the latest trailer for Spike Jonze’s Where the Wild Things Are adaptation. In a word: lovely.

Where the Wild Things Are was co-written by Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers. The movie stars Catherine Keener and Max Records, and features the voice work of Mark Ruffalo, Lauren Ambrose, James Gandolfini, Catherine O’Hara and Forest Whitaker. Where the Wild Things Are hits theaters on October 16.

Posted on August 6, 2009 at 22:52 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink
In: Trailers

1. Written by arkonbey
    on 2009-08-07 at 11:45

Call me a killjoy, but I think this is a bad idea. The Mr. Sendak's story and art are so intertwined in this book it's, well, stupid to make it into a film.

begin standard rant:
    Hollywood, please create an original film rather than adapting, re-making, re-imagining or ripping off. Thank you
    end standard rant.

2. Written by gmcalpin
    on 2009-08-07 at 11:50

Would it help much if you knew that Maurice Sendak was very closely involved with the production?

3. Written by Staatz
    on 2009-08-08 at 03:16

I can't get excited for this. I don't know why. I loved the book when I was a kid and the acting and visuals all look good but for some reason it just doesn't interest me. Maybe I am soul dead.

4. Written by Tsiwt
    on 2009-08-15 at 17:46

You are not soul dead … just beaten down. :P But don't worry, that leaves great potential to be surprised and impressed.

Been wondering why I hadn't seen you talking about this before, Gordon. I saw the original trailer during Ige Age 3, i think, and this stood out like a ray of hope to me amidst the other dozen or so trailers that held no interest for me.

Speaking as a parent and movie geek who is skeptical of lots of movies “inspired by” and “loosely based on”, this looks like the exeption to the rule to me. Looking forward to it.

5. Written by gmcalpin
    on 2009-08-15 at 17:54

I posted the teaser trailer here back in March. In-between, there might have been a movie still or two released (which Movie Make-out generally doesn't post about; it's not “newsworth,” in my opinion), but there hasn't been too much.

I know we've talked about it on the Triple Feature some, though; there is no other movie coming out this year that I want to see more.

6. Written by Tsiwt
    on 2009-08-15 at 21:46

on 2009-08-15 at 21:54

I posted the teaser trailer here back in March. In-between, there might have been a movie still or two released (which Movie Make-out generally doesn't post about; publicity photos and stuff like that aren't “newsworthy,” in my opinion), but there hasn't been too much.