Trailer Watch: (500) Days of Summer trailer

I have this massive crush on Zooey Deschanel, right? I loved her in All the Real Girls. I love her She & Him album with M. Ward. I even saw Yes Man and The Happening because of it; it’s that bad. So imagine my delight that she was co-starring in a non-romantic comedy opposite “3rd Rock from the Sun” alum and indie movie darling Joseph Gordon Levitt — or, rather, don’t imagine it, because you can just watch the new trailer for director Mark Webb’s (500) Days of Summer on your own, courtesy Trailer Addict.

Its appearance at Sundance earned the film a few warm reviews, and now it’s set to come out on July 17th, thanks to Fox Searchlight. (500) Days of Summer reveals a “funny, true to life and unique dissection of the unruly and unpredictable year-and-a-half of one young man’s no-holds-barred love affair” — one that doesn’t end well, but, if the tone of the trailer is any clue, probably won’t end unhappily because of it.

Man, there have been a lot of good trailers this week, huh?

Posted on March 6, 2009 at 13:41 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink
In: Trailers

1. Written by milesperminute
    on 2009-03-06 at 15:56

“I have this massive crush on Zooey Deschanel, right?”

I’m with you there. She seemed pretty good in the movies I’d seen her in, but then I discovered ‘She and Him’ and I started looking into what else she’s done. Definitely crush material.

Movie seems fun, I’ll try to check it out.

2. Written by TimDrakeWannabe
    on 2009-03-07 at 15:17

Ha ha, is it strange that my first thought was, ‘When did his voice break?’ and then that the soundtrack should be awesome, then i also remembered seeing somewhere that this would be a musical? True or False? And yes I could look it up myself but that would ruin a perfectly good semi-rant.

3. Written by Lethal Interjection
    on 2009-03-09 at 23:43

She probably resides in my top 5 at this point.
    I’m a sucker for gorgeous eyes. Really it is the main reason Alexis Bledel broke into the list.

4. Written by Kate
    on 2009-03-10 at 23:44

I’ve got the biggest girlcrush on Zooey.

Seriously.

I want to be her best friend.

5. Written by Faye
    on 2009-03-14 at 11:12

“but, if the tone of the trailer is any clue, probably won’t end unhappily because of it.”

No. It’s totally just lulling us (me) into a false sense of happy-ending security. And then I will cry.

No literally, I probably will. But yay, I love her so much!

6. Written by aithon
    on 2009-03-14 at 13:23

Joseph Gordon Levitt wearing a Joy Division, “Unknown Pleasures” t-shirt was MORE than enough to get me to go see this one.

on 2009-03-14 at 16:58

Faye, the happy ending I meant was in the sense that JGL learns something from the whole thing and moves on, not that they get (back) together. So yeah, I think you’re gonna cry.