Trailer Watch: New full Watchmen trailer

I will begrudgingly admit that this is starting to maybe kind of possibly be potentially somewhat fun, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

Watchmen opens on March 6, 2009.

Related Posts: Trailer Watch: Scream Awards Watchmen footage; Trailer Watch: Watchmen teaser; Update on Tales of the Black Freighter

Posted on November 13, 2008 at 22:36 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink
In: Trailers

1. Written by Lincoln
    on 2008-11-13 at 23:24

Well, I think thats a definite improvement on the teaser. But still I find myself nervous.

Here’s hoping right?

2. Written by followerofcrowds
    on 2008-11-14 at 00:42

At least the guys putting the trailers together have good taste in music. First the Smashing Pumpkins, now Muse? Awesome.

3. Written by Dom.
    on 2008-11-14 at 05:01

MUSE and good taste should not be in the same sentence.

4. Written by MaskedVigilante
    on 2008-11-14 at 07:18

Are Zach Snyder and Frank Miller going to kill the future of comic book movies before we ever get to see a big-screen Aquaman?

This style of movie making (as seen in the horrible clip and trailers of The Spirit) is bound to cause backlash.

5. Written by The Might
    on 2008-11-15 at 09:26

I havn’t seen The Horrible Clip but the style you mentioned seemed to work well in Sin City and 300.

6. Written by hobbes
    on 2008-11-15 at 13:43

it was Rorsach

7. Written by James Hastie
    on 2008-11-15 at 17:46

MUSE and good taste weren’t used in the same sentence, they were used in different sentences, but honestly, I don’t think there’s really a music issue here except for YOU HATING EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD

8. Written by Robert Boulieri
    on 2008-11-15 at 20:34

James Hastie, if you are suggesting that Muse and Smashing Pumpkins form “everything that is good in the world,” then you have another thing coming. I don’t see how you could be further from the truth.

on 2008-11-15 at 21:39

Please let’s be friendly here. Early Smashing Pumpkins (we’re talking Siamese Dream and before) was good stuff.

10. Written by David
    on 2008-11-15 at 22:44

@The Might
    But both of those were Frank Miller stories to begin with. The Watchmen and The Spirit are most certainly not. I’m still worried about this movie and whether or not it will be a flop (as I feel much of V for Vendetta was). I don’t have much hope left for The Spirit, honestly.

11. Written by Neomang
    on 2008-11-19 at 13:12

Children, Children. This is about movies, not music snobbery. I honestly think the trailer makes the film look even better and I can’t wait for it. Especially looking forward to how they portray Nite Owl, since he’s seeming pretty badass in the trailers, but that’s gonna need to be tempered in the final film.