Trailer Watch: Scream Awards Watchmen footage

Here’s a new batch o’ Watchmen footage from the 2008 Scream Awards. It’s mostly the same footage from the earlier teaser, but there’s some new stuff peppered throughout. I wish we could see an actual scene. Like with dialogue. From all the stuff we’ve seen, I still have the feeling that this won’t be a good movie; I don’t care how much like the comic it looks. It looks bombastic and heavy-handed.

Related Posts: Fox and Warner Bros. in Stand-off Over Watchmen as Trial Date Approaches; Fox Watches the Watchmen’s Lawyers, Gains More Ammunition in Lawsuit (updated); Trailer Watch: Watchmen teaser; Update on Tales of the Black Freighter

Posted on October 22, 2008 at 18:07 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink

1. Written by Pedro Steckecilo
    on 2008-10-23 at 08:13

I’m more worried about Zaccy boy’s obsession with cheesy slow motion and akward scene work myself. I have no doubt it’ll be “faithfull” considering Snieder’s geekiness about the IP, but will it be a good movie instead of just a carbon copy of the comic in celuloid?

2. Written by Alex
    on 2008-10-23 at 16:16

Though I still can’t get past general hand-wringing at the concept of a Watchmen movie, the whole multiple-ending rumor controversy has me kind of intrigued.

3. Written by Steve the Dude
    on 2008-10-23 at 17:30

Everything so far looks great just from the comics. Will they *really* tell this story RIGHT to a post 9-11 USA? I hope so …

4. Written by Pete
    on 2008-10-23 at 20:07

Anyone I ask about the first trailer who hasn’t read the book has no idea what the hell it is about. They really need to make a trailer that will appeal to them if they want the movie to succeed. I realize this footage is specifically for fans, but still.

5. Written by Gordon
    on 2008-10-23 at 23:49

Yeah, it does seem inaccessible to people who aren’t familiar with Watchmen. But the thing is, there are A LOT of fans of watchmen. It’s sold millions of copies. So the “fans-only” teaser is more to (try to) reassure the fans, “Look, we didn’t fuck it up.”

If it were a lesser-known comic, it would have been a bad idea, but really, buy a copy of Watchmen already. If you have any affection for the super-hero genre, do not, for the love of God, watch the movie without reading the comic first.

6. Written by Pete
    on 2008-10-24 at 22:39

They really seem to be counting on us (fans of the book) to explain why other people should see this movie. Which I have no problem doing, but I do feel like I should get paid for it.

7. Written by Gordon
    on 2008-10-25 at 09:16

We’ve only seen a teaser and then this (which is basically the teaser with a few extra shots). The first full trailer will be aimed at people who aren’t familiar with the book, if they have any sense.