Trailer Watch: Transporter 3 full trailer

Now this is more like it.

The first trailer looked kind of meh, but the big, dumb, fun new trailer for director Olivier Megaton’s Transporter 3 has renewed my hope for the Jason Statham franchise, after the awful second film had all but destroyed it. Transporter 3 races into theaters on November 26th. Thanks, Trailer Addict!

Related Posts: Trailer Watch: Transporter 3 domestic trailer

Posted on October 9, 2008 at 16:52 by Gordon@MovieMakeout · Permalink

1. Written by Graehaus
    on 2008-10-09 at 23:39

Wow, that does look awesome. I enjoyed the series quite abit, I do agree two was weak, but he kicked some a$$ and that was what i was looking for. This looks like they took Crank and Transporter and created an awesome dessert. LOL. Can not wait.

2. Written by EionSunrider
    on 2008-10-10 at 02:20

Jason Statham should have played Agent 47 in “Hitman.”
    He looks like an exact likeness of the character in the videogames…

3. Written by EionSunrider
    on 2008-10-10 at 02:28

Timothy Olyphant did a decent job portraying the character, but he doesnt look like him…

4. Written by EionSunrider
    on 2008-10-10 at 02:32

If hollywood makes a Hitman 2 movie, Statham should be considered the 1st casting choice…

5. Written by Trisha Lynn
    on 2008-10-10 at 05:44

Yeah, that’s a keeper.

6. Written by Graehaus
    on 2008-10-10 at 11:34

Statham should of been Hitman, I agree. wouldn’t of been hard to do.

7. Written by Lethal Interjection
    on 2008-10-10 at 23:36

It does look entertaining. I like the idea of him not being able to leave the car. It was like they listened to many viewer complaints that kind of said: “I thought he was a transporter?” So actually finding a plot device to keep him close to the car is certainly a good (if not obvious) way too keep the series at what it was supposed to be.

8. Written by DJ Purkis
    on 2008-10-11 at 21:06

Statham is not where I would personally go with 47, but neither was Olyphant. I can never quite shake his ‘Snatch’ cockney ‘ard-man schtick from my mind (well, it’s not like he has another one) and it doesn’t gel well with how I gauge Agent 47 like it seens to with everyone else, even during the casting build-up for that particular cinematic disaster. (still…Olga Kurylenko!!)

That said, I like the Transporter movies. He definitely works in this role and, I like to think, he’s one of the last bastions of the 80’s/90’s action hero genre because of it.

The trailer is one of those super commercial action montage pieces that pretty much nulls any need to see the movie…but obviously that’s not going to stop me. This is one of those times when ‘more of the same’ is exactly what you need.

…and (I mention in hushed tones) I enjoyed the second one.